Mold & Indoor Air Quality Testing
A mold test inspection or assessment is the first and most important tool in detecting hidden mold issues or conditions, such as previous or current moisture issues, that could be leading to hidden mold growth. Many times, there are water intrusion issues occurring that are hidden from view & can only be detected with special equipment.
Obsessed Inspections can provide a complete visual inspection of the premises to determine if there are conditions that could be leading to microbial growth. We check all walls for hidden moisture, take temperature & humidity readings throughout the property, pay close attention to the rooms with plumbing such as; bathrooms, kitchens & laundry rooms, along with checking the HVAC system (air handler & ductwork) for visible mold growth. This will help us determine the issue(s) occurring in order to determine the next steps for resolving the problem.
Our Complete Mold Inspection Process:
- A thorough visual inspection of the property
- Certified Mold Inspector performs inspection
- Check all common locations for mold growth
- A thermal imaging infrared scan provided for mold inspections
- Radio-wave moisture intrusion survey
- Check attic, when appropriate, for water damage and/or mold growth
- Evaluate HVAC system; blower fan, air handler, coils, ductwork
- Digital photos taken of all problem areas
- Suggestions for mold testing made after inspection
- Digital mold assessment report for documentation of the issues
- Mold remediation protocol can be written for project
After conclusion of our visual mold and moisture inspection, we can then make suggestions based on our findings and usually recommend sampling or a remediation procedure. All inspections include digital photos of problem areas as well as a computer-generated report.
There are many different mold & indoor air quality services we are proud to offer. Almost all mold testing is performed after a thorough mold inspection. This will help identify hidden mold problems, find visible mold growth, locate “musty” odors or find hidden moisture or leaks.
IAC2 & NAERMC Certified, Indoor Air Quality Association Member,
FL Mold Assessor #MRSA3658
MOLD / AIR QUALITY TESTING INSPECTION FEE’S:
Mold Inspection: $375 This includes a mold inspection report with 3 samples (Air or Tape/Swab Lift)
- Mold Remediation Protocol: $200 This is a written remediation protocol report if necessary
Air Quality Sampling Only: $200 This includes 2 air samples, no inspection or remediation protocol.
Each additional sample: $100 (Air or Tap/Surface Lift) One additional air sample is recommended per 1000 sq. ft or in additional areas or rooms of concern.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to have your property inspected, please schedule online today